Blog Archive

Friday 12 April 2013

India Part 7 Inspiration

After my holiday in India, I came home with eight inspiring ideas for crafts. A couple involve Steve`s skills and he waits tentatively for the words...."Steeevvvveeee, I`ve had an idea!!"
I thought I would share the ones I`ve carried out so far.

My first idea was to copy the lovely floating fresh flower displays. I had wanted to make a concrete slab with
a mould, but after thinking it through decided it was a bit complicated. I had a lovely stone bowl and thought this would be an easier way to carry out my idea.
You will remember the picture of the man arranging the flowers.
Here is a new picture of our last hotel. The young men are using flowers from the gardens....rose petals and frangipani flowers.

This is how I interpreted the idea at home.

I used helleborus flowers. In the summer I might have this on the doorstep on special occasions.

This is my second idea.
At several places I saw bright silk flags looking beautiful in the sunshine.
 I wanted to make bunting using silks and pieces of old sari.
Here it is. Can`t wait to see it outside in the summer.


It looks good next to my umbrella bought from a street seller in the Amber Fort.


My third idea took the longest.
Sanjeev, our tour guide wrote our names in Sanskrit for me. I took a photograph of his writing, enlarged it and printed it on a laser printer which will reverse the writing automatically if you put it in transfer mode.
This in turn, can be transferred onto the cedar wood using one of my flat pyrography tools, by rubbing gently on the reverse side.
Here is the result. There is one mistake, for those that know.




Jennifer





Steve




Paula




There are five more ideas I noted down, but this is all for now.
I`m also pretty certain that yet more inspiration is brewing.
How can I help it?






2 comments:

  1. You're such a clever and industrious lady! Love your interpretions of the wonderful things you saw.

    ReplyDelete