Blog Archive

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Scarecrows and Seedlings

After a very lazy, enjoyable, chocolate-filled family weekend, we felt it was time to steam on ahead with a few jobs. We had a leisurely breakfast after doing a yoga session (need to keep supple) sitting in our sundrenched kitchen. 
Such a treat.
The sun was out, though it was still very cold. The weather is set to change next weekend. 
It won`t be a moment too soon.

At the garden, the scarecrows had somehow got themselves out of the Wool Barn and were waiting to be given a new position.

Tom has chosen the wild flower area.

Hollie is looking after the yellow perenniels.
Got to do something about the grass edge which I am somewhat ashamed of.
Mabel and Bruce need a bit of TLC.....new clothes and new hands!!

Steve raked down and weeded several beds. Unfortunately he was in the strong wind all the time.
I have decided to have my sweetpea row here this year.....that`s if the seeds ever come up.

 I began on the blue and purple perenniel bed trying to repair the edges damaged by the escapees.
The ground is much drier and easier to manage.

Back at home there was still enough time to do a few jobs in our own garden.
In some gardens these sunny celandines are considered to be weeds. I love them and let them come up where they will.

 The helleborus is at its best now.
This is one side of my greenhouse.....well I am trying to catch up.

And here is my propagator.....busy times ahead I think.


As I talked to my sister on the phone, a butterfly flitted round the front garden. Couldn`t quite see what it was but what a welcome sight.







2 comments: