Blog Archive

Sunday 20 October 2013

Gandalf Visits

After rain all day yesterday and our plans at the garden being thwarted, 
we were glad to get there this morning.
It was great to see Anne after such a long time, back from a holiday in Tanzania 
where they had a wonderful time.
Steve worked on the cob shed, protecting the tops of the walls from the worst of the rain 
which came later in the day.



I cleared the last part of the long path....nettles, brambles, thistles, burdock and dock.
I had to move a lot of posts, canes and stakes first.


We need more chipped bark. Nearly finished the last lot.


I also cleared the asparagus bed.


There was still a lot of colour around.
















The pond was very full. Wish it was like this all the time.



We harvested leeks, carrots and beetroot.




 I spied my next job.....cutting the comfrey. I could do it more easily if there was room on 
the compost heaps.



The reception area has taken on a harvest theme.


And Gandalf came to visit.



And finally introducing my new nephew Frazer, with his mum and dad.






No comments:

Post a Comment