Blog Archive

Sunday 9 March 2014

Fuerteventura Part 3 Wild Flowers

Of course I was thrilled to find such a wealth of wild flowers in the higher regions of Fuerteventura.
Having seen the stark landscape soon after landing, I didn`t hold out much hope but I was wrong.
Bearing in mind it is winter there, we found a lot to whet the appetite.
I haven`t found the names for all of them but anyone is quite welcome to comment and help with the identification.
This is the most interesting, as I think it may be a miniature clematis, judging by the leaves and the fact that it`s creeping along the ground.


It was pretty obvious to me that this was a pimpernel but I`d never seen a bright blue one.

















Not sure what this is but it reminds me of certain rockery plants.



This is called Rumex vesicarius.













At the viewpoint close to Betancuria, the wild flowers were stunning and I spent a lot of time getting pictures.
Unfortunately I chose to wear a sundress which proved interesting in the strong winds. Paula took some pictures of me. I hasten to add these will not go on the blog!!!






This is 
Nauplius
intermedius.








































Calendula officinalis





We did not see much wildlife but Paula spotted this heron at the roadside. It was huge.
Sorry about the blank bit at the end.



3 comments:

  1. Yep, you've got to get close to appreciate some of the flowers, but what colours! Lovely and the the crane video is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was amazed that I managed to get it in frame especially as I can`t see the screen that well in the bright sunlight. Did A.D get her postcard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops sorry! Only just seen this. Yes, she got her3d card? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete