Blog Archive

Friday 14 March 2014

Munched Strawberries and Munched Seat

We have had two visits to Freshwinds in the last week. We have had lovely weather....sunshine and warmth.


There`s a lot to do as always but as I said before, one step at a time.


My first job was to fish out all the blanket weed from the pond. I left it at the edge so that small creatures can crawl back into the water. Looks like it might be time for some more barley straw.
Whilst having a teabreak, sitting on the logs by the pond, there was quite a bit of activity.
I was disappointed not to find any frogspawn but seeing a newt, several waterboatmen and quite a lot of ramshorn snails, more than made up for it.


The kingcups are just opening.


We carried the double seat into the garden and noticed that something has munched on the left armrest.
Was it a horse or was it a cow (unlikely)?
Anyway, this seat came free from my sister`s neighbour.


The rhubarb has really come on and we even pulled three leaves for our pudding. Lovely.


Last time I noticed that the strawberries were being chewed to bits.....all the new leaves had gone. This time we put posts and chicken wire around them to see if this solves the problem. I`m sure it`s rabbits . We spotted one in the garden as we drove round the side of the barn.


I weeded one bed and got the area for the sweetpea row ready.....posts in, manure spread and weeds out.


Finally the damson tree is flowering. Let`s hope we have some fruit this year.


Oh, and a little bird told me, that one of the yurts is up. Hooray.


No comments:

Post a Comment