Blog Archive

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Sedum Roof Stage 1

We have had two visits to the garden since my last blog entry. There`s a lot going on.
Steve and Anne got stuck into the metal base plates for the polytunnel.


It is going to be huge. As we had a bun break, we discussed what we would grow in it.











Steve had removed all the recycled turves from one of the big beds and placed it upside down on some tarpaulin. I dug up great clumps of sedum from around the garden and placed it on top of the turf.


When this roots, it will be ready to go on top of the cob shed to make our living roof.
Today I bought 3 different varieties in a range of colours from B and Q. I will get some more cuttings going.
I could make a business out of sedum plants. They grow so well at Freshwinds.

I managed to get 100 onion sets in the same bed after forking over and raking down.


That day we took home rhubarb and some brocolli.


















At home I have been making my own confetti for a family wedding.
The rhodanthe which we grew last year, has completely dried so I have been hand stripping it.































I ended up with 4 bags of natural confetti and flowers left over for another celebration later in the year.

 













I have been working on the wild flower areas. We dug another one out from the grass, sowed the wildflower mix and covered with fleece.
 
 

 These little African baskets were going in the skip. Anne and I rescued them to make 
more homes in the insect hotel.

And finally I treated myself to a new border spade at B and Q. Steve broke my old one whilst digging out the old posts in our own garden.



2 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely Jen, I'm looking forward to seeing all your hard work in real life in a couple of weeks :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to catch you on Good Friday. Fingers crossed for the weather. You will love the tiny house.

    ReplyDelete