Blog Archive

Thursday 20 March 2014

Twins and Polytunnel Trenches

We made an unexpected visit to Freshwinds yesterday.
Anne phoned to see if we were around as Alan had arrived with his mini-digger to do other work around the farm and she wondered if we would like to go and help with the measuring out for the new polytunnel.
We wrapped up well as it was quite cold and blustery and I`ve had a nasty cold.

First of all we went to see the twin calves born recently at the farm.
















Mother and twins both doing well.

Alan set to and did the 28 foot trenches which will save us a lot of hard work and time.














Whilst this was going on, I dug out docks, burdock and a few nettles. I found lots of nice potatoes, still in the ground and the very last sprouts. I pulled up the old sprout stalks which will need chopping before they go on the compost. It wasn`t long before we were ready to go home with plans made to start the actual construction of the polytunnel. All very exciting.


Tom had a bit of a make-over. He only needed his trousers hitched up, a new scarf 
and the cap sewn back on. He is guarding the strawberry patch.


On the previous Sunday we had a very busy but enjoyable day at Ascot with my nephew and his wife and son Aiden. We built a new raised bed together so that they can expand their vegetable growing.
It is made from railway sleepers, well-rotted horse manure and good soil.
I think it`s going to grow great veggies. This part of the garden overlooks the posh carpark and on race days all the Rolls Royces, Bentleys etc park outside.....very interesting viewing.


I have been making fingerless gloves, for presents but I don`t think I can let these go.
I like them too much. 
I am wondering if anyone would be interested in the pattern for these gloves.
Let me know.


 I think this is Tim`s favourite.









I like them too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment