Blog Archive

Thursday 5 June 2014

Mysterious Figure



I suppose some family members would say that I can be a bit fanciful at times.
Today when we arrived at Freshwinds Garden, I had already taken one lot of plants to the polytunnel.
When I glanced back, I saw a figure by the willow arch, looking as if they were working on weaving in the new growth. My first thought was that it was Anne.
And you might think that it could have been one of the scarecrows ... it wasn`t.
I went back to the polytunnel with more plants expecting to see Anne but there was no-one there!!
Who could it have been? Did I see a ghost? Who would be helping us with the garden? 
Mystery and intrigue.


And so .... on to the ordinary, except that it`s not every day you make and fill 
raised beds in a brand-new tunnel.
Steve built some retaining beds in the tunnel. It was a relief to be out of the wind.
I filled part of it and planted cucumbers, aubergines and peppers.



I wonder if anyone thinks our paths are too wide.
Don`t want to lose growing space but on the other hand want to get a wheelbarrow in easily.








Anne had purchased some extra hose and a connector so we were able to water the tunnel easily.





We set up table and chairs on our sitting area and Anne has even got us a chandelier.
The sitting area will need a bit of levelling as it slopes away at the edges.  And it needs tamping down.








I made a start on the big perenniel bed. At the back there is a piece of useful 
empty ground for a crop of some sort. 

Still lots to do and lots to plan for.

But I am still wondering ..... who was that mysterious figure?


No comments:

Post a Comment