Blog Archive

Monday 9 June 2014

Sedum Roof Started

We have had two visits since my last post. On both occasions it has been baking hot.....in fact too hot to work in the polytunnel. However today, the sky suddenly went dark grey and there was a downpour.
How lovely it was to be inside the polytunnel with the rain pattering on the brand-new plastic, making patterns like strings of beads.


I weeded, spread better soil, cleared an area ready for another path and tied the tomatoes.
I`ve labelled them with different markers so that we can easily see what varieties are doing well.


Here is the new rabbit wire ready to put up. When ..... I do not know.






Here is the view from the bottom window towards the Owl yurt.


The pond is looking very pretty and it`s crawling with wildlife.


Can`t resist the frog photos.


The poppies are stunning.


Steve began the sedum roof and wondered why his legs ached ..... up and down the ladder with the turves.
It looks good already.


When the rain had cleared, the garden looked particularly green and bright.


I picked a cheerful bouquet of calendula.


At home I bagged up our poor little black and white woodpecker baby, 
to show my godchildrens` children tomorrow.
We think he flew into the garden room windows, as that`s where we found him.



No comments:

Post a Comment