Blog Archive

Monday 16 March 2015

Spring Craft Joy

I am always checking out Pinterest for new ideas.....such a great resource.
I even have my own boards, if anyone wants to follow.
Where possible I will include links to some of these ideas.

Most of the latest craft is linked to Easter, which is fast approaching.


I have been knitting these little chickens in my teabreaks. They are designed to hold a cream egg. When the cream egg is inside the chicken sits up.
This link will give.you the pattern. I have adapted it slightly.


These felt chicks were a lot of fun to make ending up with a rather surprised look on their faces.

This link has patterns to buy.
These tiny bunnies are a free pattern on the above website.



 I  have been making these tiny mice for years and I think the pattern originally 
came from Jean Greenhowe. I have adapted the pattern many times.

I bought these card bunny parcel tags in Rye.
I was thinking they would be the basis for some Easter cards.
A very simple outline can be found here...
I will probably draw round the card shape and cut more out from pretty paper.

Finally, I picked this tiny bunch of palma violets today.
They smell like the sweets we ate as children.

parma violets  - detested these  and we thought they were drugs = Purple Hearts!

 It has also made me wonder if I could have a go at preserving violet flowers to go on some cupcakes.
That`s one to investigate next.

There are pockets of joy all over the garden at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment