Blog Archive

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Cob Clay, Ferrets and Ponds

A lovely morning at the garden....warm enough to discard a few layers.
The welcome sun was shining and the lambs were bleating.
I started the day with the construction of my sweetpea row....always a good sign of spring. Interestingly this year, my sweetpeas have only just germinated.


Between us we moved 8 barrow loads of cob clay. Now I know why those muscles in my stomach ache.....not the situps at the exercise class ......but pushing the wheelbarrow over rough, uneven and soft ground with the wheel needing a good pump up.


The pile is gradually going down.


This will be a mixing area. We want to do the cob shed floor and we hope to make a wall at the back by the fence. The thought of mixing cob again does not fill me with delight ....it is such hard work.

The owl yurt is looking good with it`s new cover.
 

Just before we came home, I began to pull parrot weed from the pond. It has grown into great rafts.
The roots are very long and hair-like.


 











I left it on the side so that small pond creatures can crawl back in.



The front of the pond looks much clearer. Perhaps the frogs will have enough room to actually produce some spawn.




I think I am right in saying that this is William. He has two little white spots near his eyes and that`s how you tell the difference between William and Harry.
He is certainly feeling happy in his new home, exploring every single inch of it.
The red tube is a play tunnel.
Day came to clean them out and feed them.
No sign of Harry. Think he is still feeling shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment