Blog Archive

Monday 29 June 2015

Alternative Lifestyle

I do love my current lifestyle very much, but if ever I wanted something different,
 it could possibly be this.....

The Ithacans obviously love their plants judging by the plant shops/nurseries and the way houses and streets are decked in colour.



 Pots of bright geraniums, Flaming Katy (I think), pots of basil, 
oleander (poisonous....I didn`t know). Quayside restaurants decorated
 with bright pots of petunias.
So there`s plenty of customers around.
Not sure what winter would bring.

 
Every time we passed, I was intrigued by this somewhat derelict nursery.
On the last day I stopped to take some photos with my imagination working overtime.


Is it closed up?
Is it abandoned?
On closer inspection, I found it couldn`t have been neglected  for that long.
These plants would be dead.


On the other hand, some evidence to the contrary....

......plants sprouting from old sacks of compost
(it could have been growing between.)


I`m just loving the stork planters....so bizarre.


I would love to get my hands on these pots.....herbs I think.


More empty pots.

I`d love to know more about the story behind this sad little nursery.
Why is it abandoned? In fact is it completely abandoned?
Does the current Greek economy have anything to do with it?


Wonder what`s in those white boxes!!

One thing`s for sure...
......it is an alternative lifestyle, if wanted.






4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be lovely, pretty much guaranteed good weather too. Just think of all the posssibilities with that garden centre, the things you could do with it *sigh* you could think on for hours haha x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I thought but I love my gardens here too much.

      Delete
  2. I can see the attraction. Very tempting.

    ReplyDelete