Blog Archive

Sunday 2 February 2020

Granny`s Plastic Flowers

As the first yellow daffodils appear, both in the garden and around our village, I have got myself into the spring mood by making some daffodil fairies.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Dunelm, a local furnishing retailer, when I spotted some artificial flowers.
They remind me of my Granny.
Years ago, one of the washing powder companies gave away free plastic flowers and my Gran had a vase of them in her front room.
These days they are a lot more realistic.
I spotted some daffodils. They were £3.50.
They are not entirely made of plastic any longer.

At home I gathered all the materials I needed.
I pulled the daffodil heads off and proceeded to make the fairies using pipe cleaners, wool, net  and wooden beads.
 













Now they are hanging in the front window.
A little promise, for the Spring just around the corner.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment