Blog Archive

Sunday 26 May 2013

Blue Skies, Boot Fayres and Bride(s)

The weather has been fantastic for two days, 
unfortunately not for the poor bride 
who was married on Friday. 
All the yurts were booked for wedding guests and the whole woodland area given over for the reception.
I hear the Workmax was decorated with purple ribbons and that the bride wore a purple dress and wellies.
Good luck to the happy couple.

Saturday was a good day for cobbing and yurting.
With Anne and my brother`s help, we managed three mixes.


I planted achillea grown from seed in the butterfly garden and Steve put in more cabbages.



The willow arch is holding out well against the prevailing winds.


The little orchard is looking very pretty.


It`s an unusual time of the year to find fungi, but these are growing on chipped bark.
I`ve bought a new mushroom guide but haven`t managed to identify it.
"Identification guide to Mushrooms of Britain and Northern Europe" by Josephine Bacon

Finally I went to a boot fayre at the end of our lane.
I got a fantastic stash of crafty bits from two people who were closing shops down.


The battered cowboy hat was 10p. It`s for Bruce, the scarecrow.
I am particularly pleased with the green garden pencils.
They are for writing on plant labels. I have been unable to buy them in any shops.
I hope they will last for ages.
I also found some tiny rockery plants which will be perfect for my fairy garden.
Can`t believe I actually bought plants!!







1 comment: