Blog Archive

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Visiting Pixie and Plants Galore

After a grey start to the day, during which I worked on my latest patchwork quilt, we spent the afternoon in our own garden. It was not very warm but the soil was perfect for planting.
I planted out two trays of cornflowers, one of calendula and two trays of gypsophila which I love to use with sweetpeas. Steve planted out French climbing beans and ordinary French beans as well as rocket ....we love it in our salads.
I planted two pots of cornflowers using my last inspirational idea from India.



The coloured wool stops the plants flopping all over the place. I will post later as to its efficiency.

As I moved my trays of plants around, I came across this beautiful beetle. It was a bit fast but I managed to get this photo with one hand.

 
 I am very short of small flowerpots for potting on. .... as per usual at this time of the year.
My sister gave me 2 trays of lovely rudbeckia plantlets. I spent a good part of my time potting them on into five trays....lovely plants. I don`t know how she does it. They just do not grow well for me. 
I thought I had green fingers!!
I spent a lot of time in my own greenhouse potting on and still pricking out, unbelievably.
Here are some pictures of my greenhouse.



Steve`s greenhouse.
 


 Here is all the bedding (and veggies) waiting to go in.



A few things still covered over in case of late frosts.


 Halfway through the afternoon a pixie came to visit...... 
(great-nephew Tom.)
His "hat" is a huge rhubarb leaf. 
We`ve just eaten rhubarb with vanilla icecream for dinner.


 Finally I am pleased to say the cucumelons have germinated and grown on well. They were given to me by my niece-in-law, Amanda. I will post here how they progress.



2 comments:

  1. You've got so much on the go - how lovely! And the violet beetle is a beauty - well done for getting such a great snap of him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda. When are you coming to visit? Two barn dances this year....one in June and one in July!!

      Delete