Blog Archive

Thursday 2 May 2013

Lambs, Lights and Blossom


The blossom all around Freshwinds Garden is truly beautiful. It is mainly blackthorn.
The path to the Woodland yurt is lined with this white froth.
What a treat!



A close up shows just how pretty it is.


These trees are close to the Owl yurt.


The orphan lambs were making an incredible noise when we arrived. I think they thought we would be feeding them. Their bleating is most urgent but they all seem to be doing well.

My main job was to plant the new roses, all bought at half-price last autumn. I have also constructed 2 wigwams for sweetpeas. They are nearly ready to plant out. Hooray.



The comfrey is thriving alongside the barn.


The solar lights are marking the wildflower area and guide campers to the gate when it`s dark.
There are more round the little orchard.

We walked down to see the newly planted willow bed. The weed suppressant was flapping around in the wind and has not suppressed the weeds!!! Most are shooting well and some have been nibbled by rabbits despite the guards. We have got more to go in.
The shepherd`s hut is upper central in photo.



This is the view from the shepherd`s hut.

I am pleased to report that we heard the CUCKOO on Wednesday at Pett Level, our nearest beach.
We were walking alongside the Military Canal. The cuckoo has now become quite rare so it was a joy to hear. It is a sound that evokes memories from my childhood.

In April I open my bill,
In May I sing night and day,
In June I change my tune,
In July up high I fly,
In August away I must.


STOP PRESS
There will be home-baked cakes for sale in the Wool Barn on Saturday mornings.








No comments:

Post a Comment