Blog Archive

Thursday 18 July 2013

Rolling Stones Part 3 of 3

I slept very well indeed, hardly surprising after about 4 hours of walking.
More walking awaited us. After a really good breakfast but foregoing  the "luxury" of a swim at the hotel pool (at £8 a head,) we set off once more. 
Diana`s Memorial Fountain had just opened so we went in. I decided to walk right round.


It was very hot so a most refreshing walk. As I walked I thought of Diana and my sister Lee.


 The Hyde Park Race for Life was going on .....a very hot day for it. 
Here are some runners making their way to the start.


At Buckingham palace the crowds were gathering for the changing of the guard.
I wondered whether there was this number of people every day.

Here is the "media circus" awaiting the birth of the new baby. They are still waiting as far as I know.
As we walked down the Mall, more and more people were gathering and when we got to the end we were just in time to see the guards marching to the most compelling music. It was all I could do to stop myself from marching off with them. I felt quite emotional.


From there it was only a short distance to the railway station and a one and a half hour journey home.

It was a great weekend. I didn`t expect to see so much nor did I expect it to be so pleasantly warm.
Many thanks to Luke for getting us the tickets. We had a fantastic time.




No comments:

Post a Comment