Blog Archive

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Butterflies, Broad Beans and Birthdays

The butterflies have been good this year. There are lots around visiting lavender etc
and now the buddliea is opening.
Here is a Comma.


The reason it is called Comma is because of its underwing markings. Like the comma in puntuation.



Steve harvested all the broad beans and froze 19 bags the following day.


The pond is much clearer after its treatment with barley. There is still some blanket weed hanging around but more surface has been covered.


My sister Paula, came to help out, clipping, deadheading and picking sweetpeas.


There were quite a few sweetpeas.



At home I made 16 jars of blackcurrant, redcurrant and raspberry jam.

Today is my birthday and we went kayaking on the River Rother for my birthday treat.
It was such a lovely evening. The sun came out and we picnicked on the river bank.
A perfect day.

Me, my brother James and my sister.
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sorry, I only saw this today! What a lovely day you had for your kayakking. Beautiful photo with the sparkling water - all lovely photos actually!

    And I love the comma butterflies - they're such a pretty shape, quite unusual for a UK butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have had tea in Jamie`s garden this afternoon and his buddliea is covered in butterflies. I took lots of photos. Will post some later.

    ReplyDelete