Blog Archive

Sunday 27 April 2014

Insect Hotel with Sedum Roof

At last I have managed to complete the insect hotel. There are a few finishing touches needed and it remains to be seen how well the sedum roots and stays in position. But on the whole I am pleased with the look.
























I placed a layer of carpet over the roof and a strip of left-over pond liner on top.
Then I laid on the upturned turf and finally huge mounds of sedum from all around the garden.
It was watered really well.

Most of the sedum we`ve grown has come from about half a dozen plants. They are so easy to root.
 I saved some pieces that broke off. In my next blog I will show how I have taken cuttings.




The carpet has been laid on the cob shed roof.

To see how we made the insect hotel see my previous blog called
Nippy November 2013



2 comments:

  1. I love it, it looks fantastic. It blends in so well with the garden, I'm sure many insects will be pleased to call it home :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I did notice a couple of snails in there as I was working on it. As long as they stay there I don`t mind!!!

    ReplyDelete