Blog Archive

Sunday 13 April 2014

Will I Am and Yet More Digging

We had a perfect long morning at Freshwinds with quite a few visitors around.
A family of three had been staying in the Owl yurt and a new couple came to stay in the shepherd`s hut.
I am so glad it has been fine for them.

Steve moved more turf and placed it round the cob shed. He watered it all in later.


Anne had cut the lawns for the first time.  
It looked great. I did the edges.


I carried on weeding, forking and raking over parts of the raised bed.


Introducing Will I Am.....a newly refurbished scarecrow.


I am trying to root houtynnia round the pond. I read that it is a marginal but refused to pay £9 for a plant. These are snippets from my own garden.


I fished blanket weed from the pond and spotted several frogs so here`s the first photo of the season.





















The perenniel bed is starting to look good.


I am pleased with the shape of the willow arch....much improved.


Cannot resist pictures of this blossom against the blue sky.


Jamie, Julia, Frazer and Paula joined us for lunch.


And Farmer Frazer supervised from the round window.

No comments:

Post a Comment