Blog Archive

Thursday 17 April 2014

Wands and Blossom

There was a chill easterly wind at the garden on Tuesday despite the lovely sunshine. Even though I was forking ground over, usually a sweaty job, it was very unpleasant against my back.
We moved the seat round to the western side of the cob shed for our tea break where we roasted and watched all the movements in the pond.
Alan was busy creating a new path from the tiny house with his mini-digger.


I climbed between the wire fencing to weed the hornbeam hedge....stinging nettles, thistles, goose grass and even deadly nightshade. It wasn`t an easy job and I left some for another time.


The butterfly garden is doing much better since we protected it from rabbits.


The blossom is delightful.



















More turf was placed round the cob shed.


At home I have completed my four wands.
From the top ....water (sea glass, driftwood and shells)
....... air (feather)
.....earth (semi-precious gem stones)
.....fire (four ruby crystals, ash wood and pyrography patterns)


Steve made me the stand to display them.


No comments:

Post a Comment